Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tooth=Legos

The Tooth Fairy once again made a stop at the Moloko household. Little Dude M has several wiggly teeth and he has decided that those teeth are money makers. Once he realized that a tooth is roughly worth a new matchbox, he was trying to convince me a trip to Target was necessary.

On Friday morning, after checking out the Lego website, he and Little Dude B came up with a plan. They propositioned me. If they took Little Dude M's new crisp$1 bill and all their coins from their piggy banks would they have enough money to buy the new Lego "Space Police" set they had been drooling over? At the chance to turn this into a math lesson, I had them dump out their coins and sort them by size and by amount. Little Dude M had $4.65 and Little Dude B had $3.95. Not quite the $9.99 needed. I have to admit, I liked their wheeling and dealing and I gave in and spotted them the additional $1.40.

Upon our return home from Target with new Lego set in hand, both Little Dudes start to count the teeth currently loose in their mouths. Little Dude M has three and Little Dude B has two...not quite enough for the $30 Lego set they are now pining over.

New smile for Little Dude M

1 comments:

Erin said...

Good for you Momma!! Way to spot them the extra cash!! Cracks me up that they were pooling their tooth cash!! That is so stinkin' cute! Taryn still has only lost 2 teeth, and NONE loose right now...SIGH..I hope they have fun with their new Lego's!! Hug them for me! :)