Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bunny Confusion

Big Sister and I took advantage of the Labor Day sales and headed out to the strip mall less than 1/2 mile from our home. We tackled several stores before sauntering into the Ross for Less. I was on a mission for a curtain rod and just knew I could find one for a fraction of the cost I had seen at the other stores. My hunch was right...the selection was astounding.

As I was making my selection, Big Sister was perusing the sheet aisle and commenting on the myriad of patterns. Next thing I know, she brings over these beige satiny sheets with the Playboy Bunny on them and says "Mom, Dad needs these for his next Birthday!" I was taken aback at her statement and bemused. I asked her "Why those sheets?" Well, "I counted 40 bunny ears on this side of the wrapping and since he will be turning 40, it will be perfect." I quickly squelched the idea and noted that the "Playboy Bunny" motif is just not something I thought suitable.

At dinner that evening, I shared this anecdote with Hubby. He sat across the table with a perplexed look on his face. Big Sister then stated "we always see the "Playboy Bunny" commercials when we watch TV with Dad." With this statement, Hubby had this incredulous look on his face and immediately responded with "I have no idea what she is talking about." I decided then to ask her a few more questions. She stated that since "Daddy will be "Over the Hill" next year, I thought he needed some energy. Just like the battery commericals!" I then realized, she was confused...it was the "Energizer Bunny" to which she was referring. Hubby and I are still chuckling!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Eep! That.is.hilarious!