Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Perfecting the Letter "S"

Little Dude M has perfected the Letter "S" and is smitten! About three weeks ago, as I was in a long line of cars to pick the Little Dudes up from school, I noticed Little Dude M coming out of the school holding hands with a pretty little girl, Sophia. I assumed they had been paired up as buddies to exit the building, but, as I inched up in the car line, I observed how closely they were huddled together, watched the sporadic hugs, and the continued hand holding. Next thing I know, Little Dude M's face contorts into a pout and the tears began to flow...Sophia's car was ahead of mine in the line. He looked so forlorn as her car drove off.

As he entered the car, he was just inconsolable and worried that it would be three days until he saw Sophia again. He quickly shared with me that she played with him on the playground and that she likes trains too! I quickly learned, that if I am not one of the first Mom's in the pick up line that tears and pouting ensue if she gets in her car first.

I thought he was the lone participant in this "crush" however, this does not appear to be the case. I had the opportunity to read to the Preschool class last Friday and witnessed Little Dude M say "Sophia, I saved you a spot on the carpet." She quickly sat next to him and put her head on his shoulder. It appears to be a mutual admiration as a flurry of cards and pictures have been created and shared with one another. Little Dude M has become quite proficient at spelling Sophia and has mastered the letter "S."

The most hilarious aspect is that Little Dude M has taken on Hubby's ribbing with such finesse and maturity (beyond that of a 4 year old) and emphatically let his Dad know that "GIRLS DO NOT HAVE COOTIES" as he had been instructed. This past Sunday, Max was very wiggly in church and kept looking around...he was in search of Sophia.

Little Dude M

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW YEAH DOG!!!