Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Land of Aloha

We made it to our old stomping grounds.  It certainly was not without a bit of worry, stress and delays.  We arrived at the airport in Okinawa on a cramped shuttle bus of other military families moving to the US and traveling with obscene amounts of luggage. We quickly learned that our connecting flight in Tokyo to Honolulu was cancelled.   Quickly, the panic, stress, and frustration start to ooze out of our pores.  Fortunately, a flight was found on another airline which was going to route us through another airport which only delayed our itinerary by 3 hours.

As we stepped on the ground in Honolulu we were greeted with clear blue skies, the scent of plumeria flowers, and balmy trade winds.  Just as I had hoped the kids were instantly thrilled. The boys were looking for the "Big Pink Hospital" where they were born and Madeline was looking for anything that might have brought back memories.  The highlight of landing was having the Lee's, Ron and Marianne, come and ferry us to their home.

We are having a great vacation and have managed to pack in a lot of sights, restaurants, and activities to keep us on the go.  Our accommodations at the Lee's home has been beyond belief and made this week a real comfortable haven for us all.  It will be a sad day on Friday morning, as I am not sure when I will ever get back to this homey island paradise!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Oh how nice that your vacation went well. I am missing our runs already! I pushed Taryn and Ian yesterday for 6 miles, and it was smoking hot!! The stroller was packed to the gills with water. I sure miss having you there though. I am glad that your trip was only delayed 3 hours. I know the stress of traveling. How are the kids doing? I miss them so much. Please give them a hug and kiss from me. My camera was found so I will be sending you some pictures once I get it back! Hugs and Loves~