Saturday, October 24, 2009

E-A-G-L-E-S

Over the years, I have humored Hubby's allegiance to his beloved Philadelphia Eagles. I typically jump on the bandwagon and cheer towards the playoffs. I realized just last weekend how I have become a fan in my own right. Hubby was in Okinawa, it was raining outside, so, I turned the game on and watched with the kids. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would have taken so much pleasure, without Hubby present. Sadly, the Eagles did not win, but, I have came to realize that I REALLY like watching Football. Perhaps it is viewing the game on our new 50" TV rather than the 19" we have had for the past 11+years.

About two weeks ago, we headed to the Philadelphia area to visit with family and friends. A quick trip to the local Target for missing odds and ends not packed, provided an opportunity to peruse a multitude of Eagles paraphrenalia. The kids enjoyed the selection and enjoyed modeling the unique items not found here in Redskins country. Hubby finally bought me a t-shirt so I too can show my Eagles pride.

0 comments: