Friday, August 6, 2010

Almost Forgot

Here it is...just one week after my 40th and my memory is already starting to fail me. I say this in jest, only because, I can not fathom why I forgot to mention this particular conversation on my birthday blog.

Last Saturday, before heading out to my favorite restaurant, Bertuccis, we stopped by IKEA. We were looking for some shelving/storage units for a long overdue organization project. While perusing the endless aisles of baskets and storage bins, Little Dude M was practicing his reading skills on the unique Scandinavian names given to each item. With names like Knipsa, Lekman, Kottebo, & Pjas, I was impressed he was even trying to sound out these unique names. Out of the blue, across several aisles he loudly asks, "Hey Mom, do you want a casket for your birthday?"

I have to admit, this stopped me in my tracks and caused a few fellow shoppers to look up and wait for my response. I started to laugh at the shear irony of such a question on my 40th birthday. I figured Hubby had put him up to this question, but, he too was taken aback by the inquiry. It was only after looking to my left that I realized he was asking if I wanted the IKEA Kasset baskets for our new unit.

0 comments: