Monday, August 30, 2010

Cool Uncle

Homer Simpson Donuts, one COOL uncle, and three Moloko munchkins made for a day of great fun and lots of memories.

This known *cool* uncle knows how to speak and hang with kids. If his name is mentioned, *MATT* the choirs of angels start singing and I have children conjuring up plans to get rid of me. His time is valued and Mom just gets in the way...I infringe upon the bonding. (He definitely gets preferred babysitter status.) I like his company too, but, seeing as I had the pleasure of living with him for most of my life, the munchkins feel he is around for their benefit.

One overcast day last week, Uncle Matt took the munchkins out for an afternoon of miniature golfing and pier-side fishing. I heard the golfing was a bit chaotic and that it was more of a free-for-all. Score was not kept. Fishing was fun, but nothing was caught. When the gaggle returned for dinner, they had dessert with them.

Upon returning home the kids spilled all the juicy details of the adventure. However, this particular comment caught me a little off guard. "Hey Mom, Uncle Matt made donuts with your van!"

Homer Simpson donuts Little Dude B & Uncle MATT
Rapt Attention Big Sister & "THE MATTSTER"
Little Dude M & Uncle MATT

0 comments: