Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brothers

I asked the Little Dudes the other day "Do you like being twins?" Without skipping a beat, both immediately responded with a firm "YES!" They truly are a dynamic duo and witnessing their bond has been such a privilege. I have managed on occasion to capture "twin moments" on camera, but, not as often as I would like.

This week an unexpected package arrived via FedEx from a very talented long-time family friend. Upon opening the box, a watercolor painting of two young boys was revealed. As I took a closer look, I realized it was a painting of my Little Dudes with their likeness and intimacy captured so poignantly. The painting was reminiscent of a photo I had taken awhile back. I quickly headed to the computer to search for the photo taken in August 2007. I am so touched that a photo of my boys inspired her to invest her time and talents. She managed to recreate such a tender moment and I feel honored that we have a piece of her artwork to display.

"Brothers"

The photograph that started it all

Proud owners

1 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Katie, that picture is so beautiful! Oh my goodness, it brought tears to my eyes!! You are one lucky duck!! Amazing!