Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who You Gonna Call?

It was not until the middle of last week, that Hubby got the official word as to what day he was heading to field. Hubby needed to report on Sunday afternoon. Big Sister had a Daisy Scout function scheduled for Sunday afternoon in which having the Little Dudes tag along was just not an option! "Scrapbooking with Mom" had been on the calendar for over a month, SO, Big Sister was really psyched and her creative juices were flowing.

I quickly needed to find a sitter to watch the Little Dudes. I checked with two neighbors and then I decided I need to tap into a resource I rarely employ. I ran the idea by the Little Dudes and they immediately were jazzed. We called their local super hero...Uncle Cookie Monster. No, he does not wear tights, leap tall buildings, or crush the bad guys, however, he can devour cookies like no other. Most importantly though, Uncle Cookie Monster gets on the floor, roughhouses, teases and provides the attention they crave.

Big Sister and I had a good time scrapbooking. However, upon our return, I was not greeted with the enthusiasm I was expecting. The Little Dudes told me to go somewhere else and come back later. Evidently, they did not want the "dude afternoon" to end. It was definitely the highlight to their weekend.

Yesterday when talking to the boys, they told me their favorite person to come and watch them was definitely Uncle Cookie Monster.

Sustenance for Uncle Cookie Monster
Uncle Cookie Monster's lap is prime real estate!


Seymour, Uncle Cookie Monster & Aloyisus

0 comments: