Monday, January 5, 2009

State of Repair

It is never ending! Just when I think I have finished, something else will come to me in need of repair. It starts simple, "Hey Mom, could you fix this?" Next thing I know, I am sewing buttons on pants, gluing eyeballs on stuffed animals, or mending said stuffed animals where the holes just miraculously appear. It is a never ending cycle of pulling out the needle and thread and canvasing the house for all items needing repair. Within a day or two, I find a pile starting to amass once again. Fortunately, I was taught to wield a needle and simple repairs I can handle.

As I started thinking about this blog entry, it dawned on me, that being in a state of repair is actually a reflection of life. January 1st, brings in the New Year and for many, resolutions to improve upon, enhance one's self, and sometimes fix. We are taught to strive for the best and work hard but consciously aware that in anything, there is always room for improvement. So, the next time I find myself getting out the sewing kit, I will endeavor to make those stitches evenly spaced and hemlines barely visible.

0 comments: