Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Obey the Spur of the Moment

My daily routine was out of sorts today and I found myself disturbed at having to reschedule or omit my predictable events. This was all due in part to the three munchkins having dental appointments. Oddly enough, when I called to make the appointments myself, I was told there were no available appointments until April. However, when Hubby went to check in person (in uniform, might I add) suddenly there was a "cancellation" and they could see us in less than 48 hours. Go Figure!

Typically, most mornings, by 8:15am Big Sister has been dropped off at school where she is diligently working until 2pm. The Little Dudes and I then return home for about an hour of light cleaning, playtime on the floor or computer, to be topped off with a visit from our little neighbor with the incredible eyes wanting to see our "shish", Kirby. We then head out for a run...my precious hour of sanity. Albeit they are strapped in the double jogger and on occasion bicker, it is really one of my favorite parts of my day and they usually enjoy the ride. So, today, I missed my run, and had to juggle Big Sister's schedule in dropping her off at noon and picking her up 2 hours later than usual, and the Little Dudes nap was pushed back. We went through the motions, but, I think we were all a bit out of whack so, we decided to claim today as " Wacky Wednesday!"

As I was in my cloud, I began to ponder my favorite quote from my youth. I so embodied this statement in high school that I left it as my quote next to my Senior picture. "Obey the spur of the moment" was coined by Henry David Thoreau. Wish I could say he was a favorite author or that I remember anything he wrote, but, I so loved the spontaneity of that statement. It evoked such a zest for life. However, 20 years later, I find myself well entrenched in a routine lifestyle that surprisingly is enjoyable and the predictability comforting which I never envisioned. I will say this though, I need to lighten up and remember Thoreau's words...for life is too short.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I get it about the hour of sanity, I wish my left calf would miss the hour of sanity as much as I do!! Dayum leg! Hopefully tomorrow will be good!! I will pray for nice running weather, and 2 little smoochie dudes falling asleep for a nice slumber! Hugs~

Erin said...

Thank you for calling me "friend" Hugs~