Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Color of the Band Says It All

Swim 25M and tread water for 1 minute.

Big Sister has been working all summer to become a proficient swimmer. This requirement is prescribed by the pool we frequent. Last week, on a whim, I said you want to give the test a try today? She confidently looked at me and said "Yes, yes I will."

Well, she passed the test! Now, on every subsequent visit she gets a lovely orange band indicating to all that she is free to swim anywhere from 4-12ft as well as utilize the diving boards. I have to admit I am most excited about her latest accomplishment as I am now one step closer to being poolside with a book in hand vs. in the pool within arms length of a munchkin...come on Little Dudes.

She did it!!!

Ready for the low dive

No fear!

Flying High!
Suffice it to say, she now spends the majority of her pool time going off the boards!

0 comments: