Friday, July 16, 2010

Words to Live By

"Man who catch fly with chopsticks can accomplish anything!"



Several weeks ago, I took the Munchkins to Blockbuster to rent movies. I was so excited to find the original "Karate Kid" movie on display. With the recent remake (which we have yet to see), I thought I would give them the opportunity to see the "old school" version before we trek to the theater for the latest release. It definitely is the epitome of a *classic movie* from the 1980's that can be applicable to present day. Mr. Miyagi's character is so wise and so enjoyable. Little Dude B made the analogy that Mr. Miyagi was Daniel-san's Yoda...love it!

As I watched to movie, I truly thought about the statements Mr. Miyagi uses to teach Daniel Karate and life in general. I did a google search and decided to share my favorites.

Other Miyagisms:

1. No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do.

2. Lies only become true if person choose to believe.

3. Never put passion before principle. Even if win, you lose.

4. Sometimes what heart know, head forget.

5. OK to lose to opponent, never OK to lose to fear.

6. Things could be worse.

This imovie that will definitely be added to our video collection!

0 comments: