Saturday, July 31, 2010

My 40th Birthday


Big Sister's artwork greeted me as I entered the kitchen this morning. I was really impressed with the feminine color scheme. Usually, the "Over the Hill" paraphernalia is depicted in black and grey colors. I really like the pink bow in the top corner.

I have to admit, I enjoy celebrating the birthday's of others rather than my own. Being the center of attention and having a day scheduled to my wants seems rather indulgent. Hubby and the munchkins did an excellent job of making "my" day special with all of their preparations and personal touches.

Big Sister asked me what kind of themed cookie cake I wanted for my birthday. Without hesitation, I stated I wanted a cake wreck. This term, "cake wreck" was coined by a married couple who have a blog in which they feature cakes that are damaged, have misspelled words, adorned with unidentifiable frosting creations, and are just simply a mess. If you are in the mood for a hearty laugh , check out the following website http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/.

Big Sister and the Little Dudes decorated my cookie cake without any adult supervision or assistance and created a wonderful wreck...I am so proud!
My personal cake wreck
My favorite wreckerators
It was a wonderful Birthday!

0 comments: