Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mom, Did you Know?

Yesterday morning was just like any other typical morning around the Moloko household. The Little Dudes and I were headed out for a run and they were very vocal about the route we were going to take. They suggested the seawall along what is know as Araha beach. It is typically a windy run both coming and going, but strikingly beautiful. It indeed was a beautiful clear blue sky day. I was really enjoying the serenity of the East China Sea and as we came upon the rock path/pier that juts out perpendicular to our usual path. Little Dude B asked if we could run to the end. I obliged his wish and stopped at the end so we could take in all that was around us.

Suddenly, I was bombarded by questions. What are the buoys for? What do the different colors mean? Why can we only swim in the roped off area? I answered all the questions but the discussion turned to why the roped off area is only for swimming. I explained it is due in part to the heavy population of jellyfish. This prompted the "B-Man" to throw out the following statement: "The Blue-Green Sea Turtle eats jellyfish." I truly thought he was kidding me as I was not sure where he got such a nugget of information. "M-Man" quickly confirmed his brother's statement only to puzzle me even further. Had Big Sister learned this at school or were they just using their vivid imaginations? I quickly inquired where they had heard such a tidbit. It seems the "Underwater Diego" video I rented last week provided this tidbit of trivia. I actually did a Google search...it is indeed true.

No sooner had we turned from the pier and back onto our course route when I saw the following sign. I was glad I had provided the correct information to the dudes. To top it off, I now have this useless piece of information in my brain. Trivial Pursuit anyone?

1 comments:

Andrea said...

How funny! Jackson also has absorbed very random animal information from "Diego."